Last Updated: November 26, 2015
ATTA & KTTA (also referred to as “ATTAKTTA”) offers a variety of services, some targeted towards adults, and some intended for children. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires sites or online services that obtain information from minors to provide a detailed view of how a child’s information is collected, how our site uses this information, and how a parent or guardian can either give or remove consent for their child’s account. In the event of information being collected from a child that is not following the COPPA guidelines outlined below, we will immediately lock the child’s account and seek parental consent.
Information ATTAKTTA Collects
- Information provided upon registration (date of birth, email address, username, and password).
- Information posted or sent through any services owned or operated by ATTAKTTA.
- Information sent within small groups, private messages, chat, etc., where we are permitted by law to collect this information.
- Information provided through third-party websites or platforms such as social media or linking to a profile on another third-party website or service.
- Location information associated with your IP address.
- Usage information and technical data that is collected when you use any services owned or operated by ATTAKTTA or information that is provided by third-party websites or services.
How Information is Collected
Information is collected through our site upon registration, viewing a page, or through cookies. ATTAKTTA can view browser information, IP addresses, or any other information that users transmit through our services.
Use of Information
Information that is collected will be used in a variety of ways:
- Using a user’s date of birth to classify them as an ATTA or KTTA member.
- Enforcing local and state laws.
- Optimizing services to your liking.
- Improving technical performance and stability of our services.
- ATTAKTTA will not require children to disclose more information than necessary in order use our services or participate in activities.
- At any time parents can contact us asking to review the information associated with a child’s account, direct us to delete said information, and/or refuse to allow us to collect any further information from their child.
- At any time parents can agree to the collection and use of a child’s information, but still not allow us to disclose it to third parties unless we are required to do so.
Your child has submitted information to ATTAKTTA in order to create an account or use our services. The information collected is kept confidential to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and other similar state and federal laws. We will only collect information directly from children if we obtain parental consent. No information will be disclosed to third parties unless a third party is performing a service for us or we are required to share information by local, state, or federal law.
Verifiable Parental Consent
In the event ATTAKTTA collects information from a child, we will immediately lock the child’s account and seek parental consent. If a parent does not consent within a reasonable time, the child’s account and any information submitted by the child will be deleted from our records. Parents must send us an email at [email protected] with the following information if they want their child to have an ATTAKTTA account:
- The child’s ATTAKTTA username
- The email associated with the child’s ATTAKTTA account
- The parent’s ATTAKTTA username
- The email associated with the parent’s ATTAKTTA account
- By sending this email, I hereby give my child permission to have an ATTAKTTA account and use any sites and/or services offered by ATTAKTTA. I understand that at any time I can review information associated with my child’s account and/or revoke my consent.
To revoke consent, email [email protected] from the same email in which you first gave consent or is associated with the parent’s ATTAKTTA account.
Questions and Concerns
Parents can contact us at [email protected] with any questions or concerns about our privacy policies.